This category should contain all template documentation pages.
A template is a special type of page that is made so its content can be included in other pages. Since a given template can be included in many pages, it can help reduce duplication and promote a uniform style between page. See Template:Documentation for more details.
Templates are useful for:
- Creating content that should appear on many pages.
- Formatting content or data (such as infoboxes) in a way that should be consistent across many pages.
- Creating a shortcut to a frequently-visited page or for writing things that you repeat often when communicating with others.
- Replacing long, complicated code so that a page is easier for other users to edit.
- Protecting parts of a page from editing while leaving other sections open for edits.
All items (26)